You can find out a lot about how the Office of Responsible Gambling is making a difference in NSW from our corporate documents.
From our strategic plan, progress reports, annual reports and activity summaries, you'll get a total picture of what we do and why, how we do it and what we've achieved.
The Office of Responsible Gambling’s Strategic Plan for 2021-24 outlines our vision to work towards zero gambling harm. We will achieve this by:
- preventing and reducing gambling harm, for people at risk and the broader community
- improving individual and community wellbeing, for those affected by gambling harm
- supporting people to make informed choices about gambling
- contributing to public debate and influencing gambling harm prevention and minimisation by government, industry, community, and other stakeholders.
The key outcomes of the plan are:
- Research - Our research builds the evidence base to influence gambling policy, programs and behaviour.
- Education & Awareness - We educate and empower individuals and the community so that they can make informed choices, take action to prevent and reduce gambling harm, and seek support when they need it.
- Services & Support - Our support and treatment services are multimodal, integrated, tailored to the needs of diverse communities and are widely seen by professionals and people experiencing gambling harm as accessible and effective.
- Leadership & Influence - We lead and influence stronger gambling harm prevention and minimisation culture and practice by government, industry, community, and other stakeholders.
Our inaugural Strategic Plan 2018-2021 can be found below.
To share our progress against our goals we publish annual progress reports. These reports provide highlights of our progress towards our strategic plan goals over each financial year.
The Office of Responsible Gambling and Responsible Gambling Fund is reported in the Annual Report of the associated NSW Government Department each financial year.
GambleAware annual activity reports
Please note that GambleAware replaced the Gambling Help brand in 2020–21.