GambleAware’s purpose is to work towards zero gambling-related harm in NSW through research, education and support for individuals and communities.
- If you have a gambling-related issue or you’re worried about a friend or loved one, GambleAware offers free and confidential information, counselling and professional support services.
- If you want to be more aware of your gambling and how to gamble more safely, we can provide education, resources and tips.
- If you’re a health provider or community group, we can partner with you and provide tools to help prevent and address gambling harm.
- If you want to set up an education program in your community to prevent gambling-related harm, you can talk to us about opportunities and resources.
Research, education and support drive us
The work we do concerns everyone in NSW who is affected by gambling. We work with adults and young people, families, schools, councils, community groups and the gambling industry to help prevent and address gambling-related harm.
10 dedicated GambleAware providers covering NSW
10 GambleAware regions in NSW are aligned with local health districts to support the community alongside community and health services. Each region is overseen by a specialist GambleAware Provider dedicated to providing support to everyone impacted by gambling harm throughout that region, including Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- GambleAware Blue Mountains & Western Sydney
Key centres include Parramatta, Penrith, Lidcombe, Blacktown, Katoomba, Lithgow, Springwood, Emerton and Richmond.
- GambleAware Central Sydney
Key centres include Campsie, Belmore, Camperdown, Ashfield and Lewisham.
- GambleAware Far & Western NSW
Key centres include Bathurst, Bourke, Broken Hill, Cobar, Coonamble, Dubbo and Orange.
- GambleAware Hunter & New England
Key centres include Cardiff, Forster, Gloucester, Maitland, Mayfield, Muswellbrook, Singleton, Taree, Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree, Narrabri, Tamworth and Walgett.
- GambleAware Illawarra & Southern NSW
Key centres include Wollongong, Shellharbour, Nowra, Ulladulla, Batemans Bay, Bega, Goulburn, Queanbeyan, Cooma and Harden.
- GambleAware Mid & Northern NSW
Key centres include Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Lismore, Port Macquarie and Tweed Heads.
- GambleAware Murrumbidgee
Key centres include Albury, Wagga Wagga, Corowa, Finley, Deniliquin, Holbrook and Glenroy.
- GambleAware Northern Sydney & Central Coast
Key centres include Manly Vale, Narrabeen, Ryde, Tuggerah, West Gosford, Wyong, Toukley and San Remo.
- GambleAware South Eastern Sydney
Key centres include Kogarah, Sutherland, Bondi Junction and Darlinghurst.
- GambleAware South Western Sydney
Key centres include Fairfield, Bankstown, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Bonnyrigg, Wingecarribee and Wollondilly.
How we’re funded
GambleAware is funded by the Responsible Gambling Fund. Find out how we minimise harm caused by gambling, and address and prevent gambling-related issues.
Where the funding goes
Read the reports that show how we encourage responsible gambling, minimise harm caused by gambling, and address and prevent gambling-related issues.
See what we’ve been doing
There’s always a lot going on. See what we’ve done to support responsible gambling in NSW, and check out events we’ve funded around the state.
GambleAware in the news
Our initiatives pop up in the media – research we fund, responsible gambling policy we champion, community education programs and professional counselling.