Reclaim the Game – Football
Western Sydney Wanderers
The Western Sydney Wanderers men’s and women’s squads have committed to rejecting sports betting sponsorship and advertising. They know that this is an important step for their fans, and for the Western Sydney community:
- 85% of Wanderers fans believe there is too much gambling advertising.
- 88% of Wanderers fans believe children and young people are exposed to too much gambling advertising.
- 81% of Wanderers fans believe sports betting advertising makes gambling a normal part of sports.
Western Sydney Wanderers CEO Scott Hudson said he is proud of the club’s continuing relationship with Reclaim the Game.
“It is important for us to have an impact beyond the field and together with Reclaim the Game we have brought awareness of the impact that sports betting can have in professional sport,” said Mr Hudson.
“We are delighted that this partnership has now extended to our A-League Women’s team, and we look forward to continuing to build our relationship with Reclaim the Game over the next two years.”
Macarthur FC has also taken a stance against sports betting sponsorship and advertising to help protect and educate their fans, players, and community. Their fans are with them on this issue:
- 83% of Macarthur fans believe children and young people are exposed to too much gambling advertising.
- 84% of Macarthur fans believe sports betting advertising makes gambling a normal part of watching sports.
Macarthur FC Group CEO, Sam Krslovic has said “We are proud to continue our partnership with Reclaim the Game and be part of this positive initiative. Our community wellbeing is our primary focus and we feel it is important to promote a healthy connection between our game and our fans.”
Hear Macarthur FC player Danny De Silva share why it’s important for him to avoid distractions and live in the moment.